Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Poet, Mary Oliver

Mary Oliver, a poet whose work I totally enjoyed reading as the images were crisp and clear, gentle and in-depth, full of beauty yet realistic and insightful, died last week. Here's an article. Reading many of her poems stimulate and motivate me to write and they make me see the world through her vision. I've admired her work for a long time. Finding grace in an image that is beautiful, sentimental but pure, colorful yet simple, tender but perhaps about something cruel or angry, ugly or lovely, something that shows how we can see the earth, life, death, loss, hope, etc. This is
not easy to do and something I seek in everything I write and something Mary Oliver always achieved.



https://www.americamagazine.org/arts-culture/2019/01/22/mary-oliver-our-devotional-poet





No comments:

Post a Comment