Sunday, March 11, 2018

What does freedom mean



My definition of freedom

To me, personal freedom is the right to have your space so that your space and you as a person have respect, dignity and equality. To be able to be and act as you are within legal boundaries and to not have any fear safety wise.

If I had to add greater depth which would address universal freedom, I would add that there should be worldly conditions that bind governments, organizational bodies such as the police, etc. that see me through the lens of dignity, equality and respect with no prejudices. I would then also include that if society observed these conditions it would then eliminate judgments that influence social norms, laws and human interaction. Life would be fairer, more empathetic and less aggressive. Human differences would be welcomed rather than rejected. That would advance my freedom outside my space or box, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment